Heritage Refurbishments & Renovations
Lindrick Construction can provide Heritage Refurbishments. We renovate and refurbish heritage buildings, we improve the performance of existing buildings. This is often challenging and many of the issues to address are increased for buildings which are formally listed or in a conservation area. It is vital that useful and reliable information is available to support sustainable refurbishment as the market shifts from new build to major refurbishment. Whilst doing this kind of work you have to preserve the layout and/or appearance of the original building. The materials used to improve the building have to be the same as the original materials in order to match the buildings original construction. This makes the restrictions on refurbishing a heritage building are much more pronounced.
Some of these restrictions include the following:
- Ensuring breathability of out-dated constructions
- Recognising space for cycle storage
- Inadequate options to progress thermal performance of windows and walls
- Location and size of windows limiting daylight provision
- Restricted layout and providing of view out
- Increase in proposed tenancy levels and performance necessities impacting on measures required to achieve higher building regulations performance levels
Lindrick Construction can cater to all of your heritage building needs. We have vast experience, high quality at a fair price. For more information contact us.