Lindrick Construction was asked by a pharmaceutical company to transform an unused warehouse into a hygienic clean room and to refurbish a packing area.
The project’s scope of works included:
- The site ran to strict CDM2015 Regulations.
- Strip out existing room.
- Rearrange alarms and water sprinklers.
- Take down block walls.
- Install new stud walls.
- Build a new wash station, including sink and macerator for waste.
- Supply and fit hygienic rated uPVC wall panels to all walls.
- Supply and fit hygienic rated ceiling grid and tiles, which also have a fire rating.
- Supply and fit new fire doors.
- Supply and fit windows to viewing areas.
- Supply and fit new LED lighting throughout.
- Supply and fit coved non slip vinyl floor to all areas.
While we were undertaking this project, we had to work closely with the client as the packing areas were still active and we could only work in these areas on set days, so that productivity was not affected. This made meeting all deadlines very crucial, as we agreed with the client the set days that the packing areas were to be closed and for how long at the very beginning of the project.
Pre-planning this phase of the project relied upon ensuring all the correct quantity of materials were on site and that all operatives were aware of their crucial role of completing their work efficiently which in turn allowed the next phase of works to follow on. We successfully completed this difficult phase, and the packing area was back in production on Monday in a fully refurbished room.
Team: Lindrick Construction Services Ltd.
Type: Transform warehouse into Hygienic Clean Rooms
Start Date: April 2017
Finish Date: May 2017