We have been chosen to do the refurbishment of The Shireoaks Village Hall. It is over 35 years since The Village Hall was renovated to provide a facility for the community to use. Since that time some work has been done to keep it up to date, however, The Hall is now looking tired and needs to be refurbished. So, at the beginning of 2017, The Village Hall Management committee instigated the Refurbishment Project to identify the work that needed to be done and to seek funding for the project.
The Refurbishment Project has a number of key areas of work, they are as follows: –
- Electrical – Re-wiring of the whole building and fitting new LED-based lights and new sockets and replacing the emergency lighting and fire detection systems.
- Heating – Replace the central heating boiler and radiators throughout the hall.
- Toilets – Replace the ladies, gents and disabled toilet and lay non-slip flooring.
- Kitchen – Replace the kitchen with a modern commercial kitchen which meets current standards.
- Main Hall – Fit panelling to the lower part of the walls, plaster throughout, decorate the hall and re-varnish the floor.
- Dining Room – Fit panelling to the lower part of the walls, plaster and decorate the dining room.
- Lobby – Replace the floor with slip-resistant flooring, repair plasterwork, decorate the walls and woodwork.
- Gallery – Decorate the walls, woodwork and replace the floor covering.
- Bar – Replace the bar area fitting new cupboards and sink, decorate the walls and the woodwork.
- Storage – Increase the storage space at the back of the hall creating new storage cupboards and decorate.
We are planning to start the work in December 2018 / January 2019 and hope to have completed the work by February 2019 / March 2019.